Table of Contents:
- Part 1 - Downloading your Full Inventory
- Part 2 - Starting Up Your Scanner
- Part 3 - Starting the Scanning Process
- Part 4 - Reviewing the Bin Changes Report
Part 1. Downloading your Full Inventory
Step 1. Hit the blue download arrow on the top left, and select an inventory download.
Step 2. Once the download has been completed, confirm that the last host download date and last scanner sync date match and are current in the top right hand corner. The Download Icon and Sync Icon should both be green. (Hovering over the icons will display the date)
Part 2. Starting Up the Scanner
Remove your scanner from the cradle and start PartsWizard
- PPT Scanners
- 3 button push the scanner by holding down the yellow button located on the side on the scanner, the blue function key and green enter key located on the keypad. Hold all three of these buttons at the same time until your screen flashes and displays PPT8800. You may release the keys now. *Note* Hold down the yellow button on the side of the scanner, not the yellow alpha key on the front face of the scanner.
- MC55 Scanners
- Hold down the red power button, located on the bottom left of the keypad, until the screen turns off. The scanner will now reload into PartsWizard.
- Janam Scanners
- Hold down the red power button, located on the left-side of the scanner at the very top, until you get the menu options for Hard Reset, Soft Reset, and Power Off. Select Soft Reset. The scanner will now reboot, and launch into PartsWizard on startup.
Part 3. Navigating to the Correct Scanner Screen to Start Bin Changes
- Once the application has loaded up on the scanner, tap on the binoculars icon, and confirm that the scanner is connected in green on the top right.
- Check the box on the bottom left "Post bin changes to DMS"
- Scan the bin location label, and then scan the part to assign it to that bin. Rinse, repeat.
MC55/Janam Scanners or
- Select Change Parts Info
- Select Mass Bin Changes
- Confirm that the scanner shows the word Connected in green on the bottom left, near the words Print Item
- Scan the bin location label and then scan any part numbers that you want to assign to that bin location. Rinse and repeat for every different bin location
Part 4. Reviewing the Bin Changes Report
Open up Parts Wizard then select the Reports button on the left side bar then select Bin Changes
You will see a screen that displays the Part number, a part number change(PNC), the description of the part, the Current Bin, Bin1, Bin2, and Bin3
- Part Number: Part number scanned in
- PNC: Part number change
- Description: Description of the part number that was scanned
- Current Bin: The old bin that the part number was previously assigned too when last downloaded
- Bin1: The new bin that the part number is assigned too after scanning.
- Bin1, Bin2, and Bin3 is for planned features for supporting multiple secondary and tertiary bin locations in the coming release in September. Do not attempt to do bin changes on parts with more than one bin location currently as to avoid losing your alternate locations entirely
The part numbers you scanned in will show up here in white, red or green.
- White means we have not attempted to post these bin changes
- Red means we attempted to post but failed due to an error
- Green means we were able to successfully upload your bin change
To get your white parts to post, click on the button that says Start Posting
On the next pop up select Bin Change Posting and then Ok
Parts Wizard will now attempt to change your bins for you. Parts that were successfully changed will show up as Green, and parts that were unsuccessful will show up as RED.
You can right click the part numbers to receive additional options; delete and retry errors
- Delete will delete the part number entry entirely, and Parts Wizard will not attempt to post the bin change.
- Retry Errors will retry any part numbers that originally failed to post
If your parts still fail to post and keep showing up as red give support a call at (866)834-1194