Table of Contents
1. Downloading Your Orders
On the top left-hand corner of the PartsWizard Screen you will notice the the word Download. Clicking on this will bring up the download menu giving you the following options:
Select the option Download from DMS. This will bring up the Download Wizard
- Selecting the Orders Only option will download only part numbers that are in Order Status on your DMS
- Selecting Inventory will result in a longer download time, but will download all of your part numbers found in your inventory, excluding any filters that have been set; these can be found in Settings -> DMS Settings.
CDK Users will just hit Ok on this box because we download your full inventory every time.
The Download Wizard will show as Download Status and your parts will begin downloading, looking like this:
Once the download has finished, PartsWizard will automatically attempt to synchronize your download files onto the scanner.
Once the Download Status box disappears that means that the download and synchronization is finished, check the top right hand corner and make sure that your sync status icon and download status icon are showing up green:
Please see our trouble shooting articles for possible solutions for errors downloading or synchronizing.
2. Starting Up The Scanner
Remove the scanner from the cradle and do the following:
Do a 3 button push by holding down either yellow button on the side, the green enter key and the blue function key at the same time. Continue holding down these buttons until you see a screen flash and display PPT8800, release the keys.
The scanner make take a second to launch into PartsWizard, once it does look on the bottom of the scanner screen and select the icon labeled OR. You can now begin scanning your stock orders today.
- MC55 Scanner
Hold down the red power button, located on the bottom left of the keypad, until the screen turns off. The scanner will now reload into PartsWizard. From here select the option of Scan Order. You can now begin scanning your stock orders for today.
- Janam Scanner
Hold down the red power button, located on the left-side of the scanner at the very top, until you get the menu options for Hard Reset, Soft Reset, and Power Off. Select Soft Reset. The scanner will now reboot, and launch into PartsWizard on startup. Select the menu option for Scan Order and you can now begin scanning your stock orders for today.
3. Reviewing Your Order Reports
On PartsWizard on your computer, click on the word Reports on the left hand side, then click on the word Orders. You will immediately be redirected to your Not Posted report. Your not posted report will show all the parts that have either not been scanned, or they encountered errors when posting.
Be sure to thoroughly check this tab to make sure everything looks okay.
You'll be able to navigate to a few different subcategories as well; Posted, All, All Activity, and Added Parts.
Posted: Shows the parts that have been posted into your DMS.
All: Shows all part numbers that are currently ordered, whether they've been posted, scanned, or not posted.
All Activity: Shows every part number that the scanner has scanned.
Added Parts: Shows new part numbers that were previously not found in the DMS.
Inside of your Not-Posted tab, you will be able to see the parts that have not been received to the DMS. They will show up in three colors; black, red, and sometimes green
- Black Parts represent parts that the scanner has not scanned in yet.
- Red Parts represents parts that had certain errors when we tried to post them to the DMS.
- Green Parts represents parts that can get posted.
When you discover a red part inside the Not Posted report right clicking that part number will give you additional options to try and receive that part:
- Backorder remaining will receive the amount of scanned parts, while putting the rest on backorder inside of your DMS
- Cancel remaining will receive the scan quantity amount and cancel the remaining quantities ordered
- Crosship Remaining will crosship the remaining quantities on orders and prompt for a 3-digit code, the code is used to identify where the shipment is diverted
- Retry Errors will attempt to receive your part into the DMS after fixing any errors that stopped it from before.
- Clear Scan Quantity will clear the scan quantity from inside the reports, making them show a scan count of zero.
- Change Scan Quantity will give you the option to update the scan count to on-hand quantity or allow you to manually type in a quantity for that specific part number.
- Update Shipper will allow you to manually assign a shipper number to the part number.
- Copy will give you the option to copy the part number or order number, so you can paste it into your DMS for easy part number lookups.
The Posted Tab will show all the parts that were posted to the DMS as being received.